How to download iOS 18.1 Developer Beta for free, no need beta profile

Apple has released iOS 18.1 Developer Beta with a range of new Apple Intelligence features for supported devices.​ This guide will help you get the latest iOS 18.1 Developer Beta without needing to install a beta profile.

:warning: Back up your devices

The new features are very attractive for you to install iOS Beta, but they also bring about bugs or problems with battery, performance,… that your device may encounter. Therefore, I recommend that you back up your iPhone or iPad before updating to iOS 18 Developer Beta, in case you want to downgrade to iOS 17 stable, you can still restore your data.

How do I back up my device?

There are two ways to back up your device. Depending on your preference, you can choose one of the following methods.

iCloud Backup

1. Connect your iPhone or iPad to Wi-Fi.
  2. Go to Settings > [your name], and tap iCloud.
  3. Tap iCloud Backup.
  4. Tap Back Up Now.

Then wait until the backup process is complete. You will see the time of the most recent backup appear.

Please note that you need to have sufficient iCloud storage space to back up. Apple provides you with 5GB of free iCloud storage by default, but this may not be enough to back up all your data. If you cannot purchase additional iCloud storage, please refer to the instructions below.

iTunes/Finder Backup

1. Connect your iPhone or iPad to your Windows or Mac computer using a USB cable.
  2. Open iTunes (download it here if you don’t have it) or Finder (if you’re using macOS 10.15 or later).
  3. In the Summary tab (Windows) or General tab (macOS), select “Back up all the data on your iPhone/iPad to this computer” and ensure the “Encrypt local backup” option is also selected.
  4. Then click on Back Up Now.

Wait for the backup process to complete, then you can disconnect your iPhone or iPad by unplugging the USB cable.

Method 1: Update via OTA (over-the-air)

1. From your iPhone or iPad, sign in to the Apple Developer Center website using your Apple account. If you have completed this step before, please proceed to step 3.

If you see the message “Your Apple ID is not eligible to use this application at this time” when logging into the Apple Developer Center, please see how to fix it here:
    How to fix "Your Apple ID is not eligible..." when you get iOS 18 Beta

2. Agree to the terms and conditions. That’s it, let’s move on to the next step.

3. Go to Settings > General > Software Update > Beta Updates, and you’ll see the option for iOS 18 Developer Beta there. Select it, and you’ll receive the iOS 18 beta update.

4. Tap the “Update Now” button to begin downloading and installing the iOS 18 Developer Beta update.

Method 2: Using beta IPSW files

This method requires you to have a Mac or Windows PC to install the .ipsw file through Finder/iTunes.

Beta IPSW files can be found for free on this website: ipswbeta.dev or ipsw.dev.

I have a detailed tutorial on how to install IPSW files, which you can find here: A Step-by-Step Guide: How to Install IPSW Beta for iPhone and iPad

I hope this guide has helped you successfully download and update iOS 18 or iPadOS 18 on your device. If you have any related questions, feel free to leave a comment below.

1 Like