How to Fix “Apple Intelligence is not currently available in your country or region”

Apple Intelligence is now available as a beta in iOS 18.1 Beta, iPadOS 18.1 Beta, and macOS 15.1 Beta for developers. However, this feature is currently only available in the United States, and you may encounter the message “Apple Intelligence is not currently available in your country or region” when trying to enable it on your device. To use Apple Intelligence outside the U.S., you’ll need to make some changes in Settings. Here’s how.

Apple Intelligence Compatibility

Apple Intelligence is compatible with the following iPhones, iPads, and Macs. If your device isn’t listed, it’s not compatible with Apple Intelligence.

• iPhone with A17 Pro and later
  • iPad with M1 and later
  • Mac with M1 and later

Complete List of Apple Intelligence Supported Devices

iPhone

• iPhone 15 Pro
  • iPhone 15 Pro Max

iPad

• iPad Pro 13-inch and iPad Pro 11-inch with M4
  • iPad Pro 12.9-inch and iPad Pro 11-inch with M2
  • iPad Pro 12.9-inch and iPad Pro 11-inch with M1
  • iPad Air 13-inch and iPad Air 11-inch with M2
  • iPad Air 10.9-inch with M1

Mac

• MacBook Pro 14" and MacBook Pro 16" with M3
  • MacBook Pro 14" and MacBook Pro 16" with M2
  • MacBook Pro 14" and MacBook Pro 16" with M1
  • MacBook Air 13" and MacBook Air 15" with M3
  • MacBook Air 13" and MacBook Air 15" with M2
  • MacBook Air 13" with M1
  • iMac 24-inch with M3
  • iMac 24-inch with M1
  • Mac mini with M2
  • Mac mini with M1
  • Mac Studio with M2
  • Mac Studio with M1
  • Mac Pro with M2

Apple Intelligence Availability

Apple Intelligence is currently available only in English and the U.S. Other countries outside the U.S. can still enable Apple Intelligence using the methods below.

However, users in the European Union and China cannot currently enable Apple Intelligence.

Update: Some users in the EU have reported that they can enable Apple Intelligence after updating to iOS 18.1 Beta 2 and iPadOS 18.1 Beta 2. So, follow the steps below to check if it works for you too.

In the EU, Apple says that the Digital Markets Act is preventing the rollout of Apple Intelligence. In China, Apple needs approval from the government before launching the feature. Apple is reportedly working with Chinese AI companies to get this approval soon.

Installing iOS 18.1 Beta, iPadOS 18.1 Beta, or macOS 15.1 Beta

These updates have added Apple Intelligence to supported iPhones, iPads, and Macs. You need to update by going to Settings - General - Software Update and selecting the iOS 18.1 Beta update.

For Mac, go to System Settings - General - Software Update, click the Info icon next to Beta Updates, select macOS Sequoia 15.1 Developer Beta, and then click Done. The macOS 15.1 Beta update will soon be available for download and installation.

Changes Needed Outside the U.S.

Update on August 28, 2024: In iOS 18.1 Beta 3, iPadOS 18.1 Beta 3, and macOS 15.1 Beta 3, Apple has removed the requirement to change your device region to the US.

For iPhone and iPad

1. Go to Settings - General - Language & Region.

2. Tap Add Language… and add English (US), then set English as the default language by moving it to the top.

3. Return to the Apple Intelligence & Siri menu, set Siri’s language to English (United States) and Voice to American.

4. Restart your iPhone or iPad.

After restarting, go to Settings - Apple Intelligence & Siri, and you will see an option to join the waitlist. Most people find that activation takes just a few minutes—about ten minutes in my case.

Note that you must keep these settings to use Apple Intelligence; if you change them, you will lose access to Apple Intelligence.

For Mac

Good news: if you’re in the EU, you can still enable Apple Intelligence on your Mac by following these steps:

1. Go to System Settings - General - Language & Region.
  2. Click + and add English (US), then set English as the default language by moving it to the top.
  3. Click the Apple Intelligence & Siri menu, set Siri’s language to English (United States) and Voice to American.
  4. Restart your Mac.

After restarting, go to System Settings - Apple Intelligence & Siri, and you will see an option to join the waitlist.

Note that you must keep these settings to use Apple Intelligence; if you change them, you will lose access to Apple Intelligence.

Apple Intelligence Features

Currently, Apple has only added a few Apple Intelligence features in iOS 18.1 Beta, including:

And some features are still missing, such as:

• Image Playground: An app for creating images using Apple Intelligence.
  • Genmoji: Create custom emojis using Apple Intelligence.
  • Image Wand: Transform your rough sketches into related images within the Notes app.
  • Priority Notifications: Important notifications appear at the top of the notification stack so you can get to the most critical ones first.
  • ChatGPT: Integration of ChatGPT with the new Siri.
1 Like

Excellent presentation of the subject!! :+1:t2: :+1:t2: But I will continue to cry until they implement it in the EU, which is when it will work properly, in principle it seems that it will not arrive until 2025. :sob: :sob: :sob: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Thank you @jflechuga :pray:t2:
I’ve also heard that Apple Intelligence won’t be available in the EU until next year. Let’s hope they can reach an agreement.

By the way, I want to thank you for your donate through my Ko-fi; it really motivates me to keep doing my work :heart:

1 Like

I feel good in being able to help the developers, I really like the Web and also participate trying to help the rest of the users with my opinions, ah! On the other hand, sorry for writing in Spanish, see you in the Beta Profiles community!!!

A hug, friend!

Juan

I translate an article published in Spain, on the subject of Apple’s AI "Let’s remember that Apple Intelligence, the artificial intelligence (AI) system of the bitten apple company, was officially presented at the last WWDC (Apple World Conference of Developers), with the purpose of taking the operation of its devices to the next level, thus managing to offer novelties that, so far, have not been included in any device of the American brand. However, this announcement has brought with it certain restrictions that have only generated anger. Its poor compatibility with past models of the iPhone and its non-arrival in countries such as Spain, have been two of the factors related to Apple Intelligence that have generated the most dislikes, because thanks to these limitations, fewer and fewer users will be able to enjoy the novelties offered by that AI system. However, everything seems to indicate that the second aspect would be close to changing.
Main points of the agreement
Having equal competition within the artificial intelligence market as a central point, the agreement signed between this group of nations aims to ensure that this type of tool does not excuse its lack of interoperability with sacrifices in the field of privacy and security; ensure that users have a variety of fair options when choosing which AI model they want to use; and prevent developers from employing questionable tactics to displace their competitors from the market.

“(…) We will work to guarantee effective competition and fair and honest treatment of consumers and companies,” reads the statement issued by the spokesmen of the nations involved, in which they reaffirm their commitment to the protection, above all, of the user and their rights, before systems such as Apple Intelligence.

This means that we will have it soon!!! :+1::+1::sunglasses::sunglasses:
It has been published in Meca2 for Jonathan Tangarife

1 Like

Thank you. The translation is interesting and shows that Apple is also under pressure from EU countries to deploy AI here.

Apple’s limitation of AI to English and the U.S. makes me less interested in it. I also hope they will add other languages next year.

1 Like

I’m trying to install macOS 15.1, but I’m not enrolled in the Developer Program, but there is no profile. (for earlier versions, you could download a InstallAssistant.pkg) If you go to the Beta Profiles site, it doesn’t show a option to download the .pkg file. I tried downloading the .ipsw file, but I’m not sure how I would install that on my system, as I’m using a Mac.

1 Like

Apple hasn’t released any PKG files for macOS 15.1 Beta, so you can only update through System Settings. Joining the Developer Program is quite simple and completely free. Just log in to https://developer.apple.com/account/ with your Apple ID, and then you’ll see the option for macOS 15.1 Sequoia Developer Beta in System Settings under General - Software Update - Beta Updates.

macos-sequoia-15.1-developer-beta

1 Like