How to Enable Apple Intelligence (New Siri UI) on Unsupported Devices [iOS 18.1 Beta 4]

Update: Apple has patched this in iOS 18.1 Beta 5, so you can use the .ipsw file to update to iOS 18.1 Beta 4 and apply this method.

This method will allow you to get Apple Intelligence on your device (of course, this includes unsupported devices), BUT only the new Siri UI will work. Additionally, Siri will be slightly improved, similar to the Apple Intelligence experience on the current iPhone 15 Pro.

Other Apple Intelligence features, such as Writing Tools, Memories Movie, Reduce Interruptions, Clean Up, Summarize Notifications, and Smart Reply, basically won’t work, so don’t expect this method to enable those features on your device.

:warning: A Few Things to Note Before Starting

I don’t recommend doing this on your primary device, and this is only for those who are willing to accept any potential risks. Do at your own risk.

Face ID will temporarily stop working, but don’t worry—it won’t break Face ID on your device. I’ll guide you through how to get Face ID working again after enabling Apple Intelligence on your device.

Although I’ve successfully tested this on an iPhone 13 Pro Max running iOS 18.1 Beta 4, I can’t guarantee it will work on other devices.

Preparation Steps

Update to iOS 18.1 Developer Beta 4 or iOS 18.1 Public Beta

The good news is that this method works with the latest iOS 18.1 Developer Beta 4 and iOS 18.1 Public Beta. You need to update your device to this version before starting.

Back Up Your Device

After updating to iOS 18.1 Beta 4, make sure to back up your device using iTunes/Finder or iCloud. I recommend doing a backup on a Mac or Windows PC to ensure all your data is safe.

I am not responsible for any data loss, so you’ve been warned.

Export MobileGestalt.plist File

You’ll need to export the com.apple.MobileGestalt.plist file from your iPhone or iPad using the shortcut below. Simply download the shortcut, run it on your device, then choose where to save the file in the Files app. After that, locate the file path in the Files app and AirDrop the com.apple.MobileGestalt.plist file to your Mac, or email it to yourself and download it on a Windows PC.

Temporarily Disable Find My iPhone/iPad

You’ll need to temporarily disable Find My iPhone/iPad, but don’t worry—you can turn it back on right after you’ve enabled Apple Intelligence on your device.

To disable Find My iPhone, go to Settings ➝ [Your name] ➝ Find My ➝ turn off Find My iPhone/iPad.

Download the Necessary Tools

You’ll need to download MisakaX v2.2 and Nugget v2.2 and install both tools on your Mac or Windows PC.

If you’re using Windows, make sure to install iTunes from this link (not the one from the Microsoft Store) for both tools to work properly.

Start Getting Apple Intelligence

Step 0

Skip this step if you’ve never used MisakaX/MitokoX/Nugget before.

If you’ve previously used MisakaX/MitokoX/Nugget with your device using the MobileGestalt.plist file, you need to reset this file. Connect your device to a Mac or Windows PC, and choose “Regenerate MobileGestalt (Reset)” in MisakaX or “Reset Mobile Gestalt” in the Apply tab of Nugget.

Then restart your device.

Step 1: Edit Your MobileGestalt File

1. Make sure you have a backup of the com.apple.MobileGestalt.plist file you exported earlier in the preparation steps.

2. Open the com.apple.MobileGestalt.plist file using a text editor, like Sublime Text.

3. Search for h9jDsbgj7xIVeIQ8S3/X3Q and change the string value below it to iPhone17,3. If you’re using an iPad, change it to iPad16,3. This should look like this:

This step tricks the operating system into identifying your device as an iPhone 16 (or iPad Pro 11-inch M4), allowing it to download the necessary AI models. This is also why Face ID will temporarily stop working.

4. Search for A62OafQ85EJAiiqKn4agtg in the com.apple.MobileGestalt.plist file. If it doesn’t exist, add the following:

<key>A62OafQ85EJAiiqKn4agtg</key>
  <integer>1</integer>

Insert this code right after the following line:

<key>CacheExtra</key>
  <dict>

The result should look like this:

1. Save the edited file.
  2. Use Nugget to import the modified com.apple.MobileGestalt.plist file back to your device. Connect your device to your Mac or Windows PC, open Nugget, go to the Apply tab, click the “Choose Gestalt File” button, select the edited file, and click “Apply Changes.” Your device will then restart.

Step 2: Bypass the “Joined Waitlist”

Once your device restarts, wait about 30 seconds for the system to stabilize. Then, go to Settings and check if the Siri menu has changed to Apple Intelligence & Siri. If it hasn’t, try restarting your device a couple of times and wait about 30 seconds again.

Even though you can now see the Apple Intelligence & Siri option in Settings, you won’t be able to toggle it on or off because it’s stuck on “Joined Waitlist.”

Apple-Intelligence-joined-waitlist

Follow these steps to bypass the “Joined Waitlist”:

1. Open MisakaX on your Mac or Windows PC.
  2. Click the Select MobileGestalt File button and choose your edited com.apple.MobileGestalt.plist file.
  3. Click the Apple Intelligence (extra) button.

1. Wait for your device to restart.
  2. Go to Settings → Apple Intelligence & Siri and check if Apple Intelligence is enabled. If you see “Turn On Apple Intelligence,” tap it, select Not Now, exit Settings, and go back to Apple Intelligence & Siri. You should now see the toggle switch for Apple Intelligence. If not, repeat the steps.

If you’re still stuck on “Joined Waitlist.”, try navigating to /var/db/eligibilityd on your Mac (for quicker access, use the shortcut Shift + Command + G and paste the path in Finder), open eligibility.plist file with a text editor, then copy all the code below into this file, then save it.

eligibility.plist
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>OS_ELIGIBILITY_DOMAIN_CALCIUM</key>
	<dict>
		<key>os_eligibility_answer_source_t</key>
		<integer>1</integer>
		<key>os_eligibility_answer_t</key>
		<integer>2</integer>
		<key>status</key>
		<dict>
			<key>OS_ELIGIBILITY_INPUT_CHINA_CELLULAR</key>
			<integer>2</integer>
		</dict>
	</dict>
	<key>OS_ELIGIBILITY_DOMAIN_GREYMATTER</key>
	<dict>
		<key>context</key>
		<dict>
			<key>OS_ELIGIBILITY_CONTEXT_ELIGIBLE_DEVICE_LANGUAGES</key>
			<array>
				<string>en</string>
			</array>
		</dict>
		<integer>1</integer>
		<integer>4</integer>
		<key>status</key>
		<dict>
			<key>OS_ELIGIBILITY_INPUT_DEVICE_LANGUAGE</key>
			<integer>3</integer>
			<key>OS_ELIGIBILITY_INPUT_DEVICE_REGION_CODE</key>
			<integer>3</integer>
			<key>OS_ELIGIBILITY_INPUT_EXTERNAL_BOOT_DRIVE</key>
			<integer>3</integer>
			<key>OS_ELIGIBILITY_INPUT_GENERATIVE_MODEL_SYSTEM</key>
			<integer>3</integer>
			<key>OS_ELIGIBILITY_INPUT_SHARED_IPAD</key>
			<integer>3</integer>
			<key>OS_ELIGIBILITY_INPUT_SIRI_LANGUAGE</key>
			<integer>3</integer>
		</dict>
	</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

If that doesn’t work, check the options for “Apple Intelligence (18.1 Beta, All Devices)” and “Disable Shutter Sound” in MisakaX, then Apply again. Hopefully, that will fix it.

Step 3: Turn On Apple Intelligence

Make sure you’ve set the language of your iPhone or iPad to English (United States) and the Siri language to English (United States) to enable Apple Intelligence.

I have a detailed post with instructions on how to do this here.

• Ensure your device is connected to Wi-Fi (not cellular data) and that Low Power Mode is turned off.
  • Turn on Apple Intelligence in Apple Intelligence & Siri.
  • Wait about 15 minutes for the AI models to download onto your device. During this time, your device may heat up, and you can track the download progress in Settings → General → iPhone/iPad Storage. Scroll down and tap iOS/iPadOS, and you’ll see Apple Intelligence start at around 44.9 MB. Congratulations! The AI models are being downloaded onto your device—just wait until it reaches 2.49 GB or 3 GB.

Once that’s done, you can now try out the new Siri on your device.

Restore Face ID

After enabling Apple Intelligence, the final step is to get Face ID working again.

1. Open the com.apple.MobileGestalt.plist file that you edited in Step 1.
  2. Find the line h9jDsbgj7xIVeIQ8S3/X3Q and change the string value below it from iPhone16,2 back to your original device model, and save it. For example, in my case, it was iPhone14,3. If you’re unsure of your device model, you can find it on https://ipsw.dev.

1. Open Nugget, go to the Apply tab, click Choose Gestalt File, select your newly edited com.apple.MobileGestalt.plist file, and click Apply Changes. Your device will restart.

1. Once your device has restarted, wait about 5 minutes for the AI models to download again to your device.

And that’s it! You now have both Face ID and Apple Intelligence working on your device.

Common Issues

Siri Not Available

siri-not-available

If you receive the message “Siri not available. Connect to Wi-Fi to complete Siri download” but part of the new Siri UI has already appeared on your device, it means the AI model hasn’t been fully downloaded to your device.

To check if the AI model has been downloaded, go to Settings - General → iPhone/iPad Storage, scroll down, tap on iOS/iPadOS, and the Apple Intelligence section should be between 2.49 GB to 3 GB.

To fix this, make sure you’ve edited the com.apple.MobileGestalt.plist file as outlined in step 1 so your system recognizes your device as an iPhone 15 Pro, which will allow the AI model to download.

Stuck on “Joined Waitlist” for a long time

If you’re stuck at “Joined Waitlist” in step 2, try checking the box next to “Apple Intelligence (18.1 Beta, All Devices)” in MisakaX and then click “Apply”. Your device will restart, and you should be able to enable Apple Intelligence.

If that doesn’t work, try selecting other options in MisakaX, such as “Disable Shutter Sound,” while still selecting “Apple Intelligence (18.1 Beta, All Devices)”, and click Apply again.

For Users in the EU and China

Apple Intelligence is currently unavailable in the EU and China. If you’re in one of these regions, here’s what you can do:

:eu: For EU Users:

1. Create a new Apple account with the region set to UAE (United Arab Emirates) or Canada, as these countries do not require a credit card. Use this new account to sign into the App Store while keeping your iCloud account active.
  2. To log in to the App Store with a different Apple account, go to Settings → [Your Name] → Media & Purchases.

Alternatively, you can change your App Store region without creating a new account by opening the App Store, tapping your profile picture in the top-right corner, then tapping your name, selecting Country/Region, and switching to UAE or Canada.

:cn: For China Users:
Select the “Disable Shutter Sound” option in MisakaX, then tap Apply to restart. This will change your device’s region from China to another country, allowing you to proceed with enabling Apple Intelligence.

Credit and Thanks

Big thanks to f1shy-dev for sharing this method.
Thanks to @little_34306 and @straight-tamago for the MisakaX tool.
Also, thanks to @leminlimez for the Nugget tool.

2 Likes

i do all the step but it not work for my

Please describe the status of Siri on your device. A screenshot would be helpful, and don’t forget to mention the model you’re using.

same thing here, following steps and stuck on waitlist. i have an iphone 15

1 Like

my model it iphone 13, i try again and again but it still stuck on waitlist

Try navigating to /var/db/eligibilityd on your Mac (for quicker access, use the shortcut Shift + Command + G and paste the path), open eligibility.plist file with a text editor, then copy all the code below into this file, then save it.

eligibility.plist
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>OS_ELIGIBILITY_DOMAIN_CALCIUM</key>
	<dict>
		<integer>1</integer>
		<integer>2</integer>
		<key>status</key>
		<dict>
			<key>OS_ELIGIBILITY_INPUT_CHINA_CELLULAR</key>
			<integer>2</integer>
		</dict>
	</dict>
	<key>OS_ELIGIBILITY_DOMAIN_GREYMATTER</key>
	<dict>
		<key>context</key>
		<dict>
			<key>OS_ELIGIBILITY_CONTEXT_ELIGIBLE_DEVICE_LANGUAGES</key>
			<array>
				<string>en</string>
			</array>
		</dict>
		<integer>1</integer>
		<integer>4</integer>
		<key>status</key>
		<dict>
			<key>OS_ELIGIBILITY_INPUT_DEVICE_LANGUAGE</key>
			<integer>3</integer>
			<key>OS_ELIGIBILITY_INPUT_DEVICE_REGION_CODE</key>
			<integer>3</integer>
			<key>OS_ELIGIBILITY_INPUT_EXTERNAL_BOOT_DRIVE</key>
			<integer>3</integer>
			<key>OS_ELIGIBILITY_INPUT_GENERATIVE_MODEL_SYSTEM</key>
			<integer>3</integer>
			<key>OS_ELIGIBILITY_INPUT_SHARED_IPAD</key>
			<integer>3</integer>
			<key>OS_ELIGIBILITY_INPUT_SIRI_LANGUAGE</key>
			<integer>3</integer>
		</dict>
	</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

After that, open MisakaX and click on “Apple Intelligence (Extra)” again.

1 Like

what if im doing this on a windows PC?

äžș什äčˆwin10æˆ‘æ‰“ćŒ€äžäș†misakaX䌚è‡ȘćŠšç»™æˆ‘ć…łé—­äș†

I Dont know if this is a bug on my end or what. whenever i check my IPhone Storage and click on the iOS button to check how far the apple intelligence download has gotten it doesnt change from 273.7 MB but i can see the storage on my phone going down.

2 Likes

i don’t have a mac, so what i can do

just download the windows version of the apps, connect your IPhone via USB cable and just follow the steps show in the guide

1 Like

i try is but it stuck on waitlist, so i try again but it still stuck

i copied the code and redid it, but its still stuck on waitlist

any fix? stuck on waiting list still

1 Like

It will take some time to download fully. If it gets stuck for too long, try turning off Apple Intelligence and then turning it back on. This should resume the model download.

If that doesn’t work, try switching to a random language, wait for 1-2 minutes, and then switch back to English: United States.

Try checking the options “Disable Shutter Sound” and “Apple Intelligence (18.1 Beta, All Devices)” in MisakaX, then click Apply.

To get MisakaX working on Windows, install iTunes from this link (not from the Microsoft Store).
Please use English so I can assist you more easily.

Hey the Siri UI works but now my Standby Mode doesn’t work. Any fix for that?
Also can I add extra tweaks from MisakaX? Will this break my current Siri UI?

StandBy Mode isn’t working on my 13PM either.
You can add other tweaks, it’s fine.

Oh okay. Just another question (sorry I am very new to this), when I add other tweaks, do I have to select Apple Intelligence along with those? Or I only add new tweaks and don’t touch the AI stuff? What about AI Extra option, do i have to press that again?

1 Like