How to Enable Apple Intelligence (New Siri UI) on Unsupported Devices [iOS 18.1 Beta 4]

For anyone stuck on the ‘joined waitlist screen’ here’s what i did:

1. Check iphone storage > ios > apple intelligence will have some MB value (e.g. 543MB) Either this value doesn’t update in real-time or it just doesn’t download without the next step.
  2. I kept swapping the language under general > language & region from English US to English UK. Everytime I changed the language, I would check the iphone storage > ios > apple intelligence again and I would see the filesize growing till eventually reached 2.56GB.
  3. At this point it was done downloading but in settings > apple intelligence, I was still stuck on the waitlist. I just waited a few more minutes, kept swapping language back and forth as before. There was no more change in filesize but after a while, at the top of settings menu (where it was previously giving me errors about Face ID and Camera) there was a new message that said “more…something” Basically, it was just one option right at the top. When i clicked it, it initiated the setup of Apple Intelligence. Only after this step I saw the option to enable Apple Intelligence.

After enabling it, i followed the rest of the steps to get Face ID back. Now everything works perfectly and I have the new Siri UI

That’s it guys! So either we just need to wait while it downloads in the background even tho it seems to be stuck on ‘joined waitlist’ or keep swapping the language till you see the download size growing.

Hope this helps! A huge thanks to everyone involved in making this possible. Siri is almost instant now! I’m on an iPhone 12 btw

2 Likes