What's New in iOS 27 Beta 6

Apple has seeded iOS 27 Beta 6 to developers today, marking the shift to weekly betas now that the official release is roughly a month away and just a few more test builds remain. This update continues polishing the interface, along with a few other additions. Here’s what’s new in iOS 27 Beta 6 so far.

In case you missed it, here’s everything added in beta 5: What’s New in iOS 27 Beta 5 →


iOS 27 Developer Beta 6
Build: 24A5418b
Released: August 17, 2026


Optimizing Search and Siri is Back

The Optimizing Search and Siri banner is back after updating to iOS 27 beta 6, as it reindexes Siri and Search. Expect it to stick around anywhere from a few hours to a few days depending on how much data you have.

Spotlight Search

iOS 27 beta 6 slightly shrinks Home Screen icons and dims the background as Spotlight Search opens.

https://x.com/BetaProfiles/status/2089425597277868085

Photos

The progressive blur at the top of Photos looks less dark now, blending more naturally with content as you scroll, without sacrificing readability for buttons and text.

Notification Animation

The notification animation sliding in from the top-left corner of the screen has been improved in iOS 27 beta 6. Apple has reduced the bounce when the notification appears, making the animation feel slightly faster.

https://x.com/BetaProfiles/status/2090095273913827596

Picture-in-Picture Window

The progress bar in the PiP window is no longer wrapped in a Liquid Glass background.

Bug Fixes :lady_beetle:

  • Fixed the Safari tab bar randomly disappearing on its own
  • Fixed an invisible bar cutting through pinned conversations in iMessage
  • Shortcuts can now read and write per app Health data
  • Fixed Mail crashing when dragging emails

iOS 27 beta 6 feels like a pretty minor update with nothing major to report, which makes sense given iOS 27 launches next month and there are only 3 to 4 betas left. At this point, Apple’s better off focusing on stability and squashing bugs before the public release.

I’ll keep adding more iOS 27 Beta 6 changes and new features here as I discover them. Stay tuned and follow @BetaProfiles on X or Threads!

google-preferred-source-badge-dark

4 Likes

Updated notification animation

The notification turns into a Notification Center indicator just below the time before disappearing.

Source: X

2 Likes
  1. This isn’t new, I’ve seen it on previous betas (can’t tell/dont remember which ones, but I’ve seen it on older betas)
  2. This animation seems to appear only on the models with a Dynamic Island. I have 16e, and I’ve never seen that, so I assume it’s only for devices that have the Dynamic Island

It’s improved now. The notification smoothly transforms into the small bar just below the time before disappearing. Previously, it seemed to disappear awkwardly and the bar would only appear afterward.

As far as I know, this behavior only occurs on devices with Apple Intelligence and the new Siri UI enabled, since Siri now appears from the center of the screen while notifications are displayed on the left. That’s why I’m surprised it doesn’t appear on the iPhone 16e.

2 Likes

That makes sense, I don’t have Siri/Apple Intelligence or any other AI related functions enabled, so maybe that’s why notifications don’t appear like that for me

2 Likes

Here’s the video comparing the notification animation between iOS 27 Beta 5 and Beta 6.

Beta 6 feels a bit faster because Apple reduced the bounce when the notification appears. However, I don’t see any significant difference in the animation as the notification slides into the top-left corner. It looks like the effect @javisx mentioned was already present in Beta 5.

https://x.com/BetaProfiles/status/2090095273913827596

3 Likes

There is an entire new page in Settings > > Media & Purchases, but I can’t tell in which beta they added it.

2 Likes

This is the first beta, where I can open the “Visited Places” page in Maps.

2 Likes

Do you have the region configured in the European Union? I don’t get it yet.

2 Likes

My Apple ID and Device Region are currently set to United States to these the new Siri AI.

1 Like

So that must be it, it’s because in the US it’s available in English, but outside in Europe not yet.

2 Likes