How to Enable Apple Intelligence (New Siri UI) on Unsupported Devices [iOS 18.1 Beta 4]

Lol. I don’t know how everyone’s face ID is breaking because mine still works even after spoofing.

This issue is also happening on devices that support Apple Intelligence. There have been several reports, so I think Apple Intelligence is just unstable in the iOS 18.1 Beta versions, not because of the method itself.

i did the steps im on a windows how do i get the eligibality plist i got the apple siri option saying joined waitlist an i set the apple intelligence exta but i dont see anying on my storage for apple intelligence

EDIT: @betaprofiles says (with sources) that this issue is present even on compatible devices. So maybe it’s not been patched out by Apple as I thought. Guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news guys but it appears this method has been patched even on iOS 18.1 Beta 4. Everything worked fine for a week on my iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro Max and then it started giving me the error saying I need to connect to Wi-Fi to download Siri. I restored my original Gestalt file and repeated this entire process. I let the phone download all night (it usually only takes about 20 minutes) just in case and in the morning it worked as long as the device was still spoofed as an iPhone 15. But as soon as I reverted the device ID on my Gestalt file to restore Face ID, I was getting the same error saying I need to connect to Wi-Fi to download Siri again. Anyway, I’ve now restored the original Gestalt file and updated my device to iOS 18.1 Beta 5, this cleaned up the storage space taken up by the Apple Intelligence module and the phone functions normally. This was great while it worked but I need my Face ID. Hopefully there will be a more persistent exploit in the future, even if it’s just the UI change cuz that’s really all I wanted to begin with. Thanks @betaprofiles for your efforts in all this, it was cool while it lasted!

3 Likes

Interesting. If this error is not unique to spoofed devices, then I’ll keep an eye out for updates on this thread. Would love to try this again if we can get it working

2 Likes

Edit: I have the Tab, and I am on the waiting list but the Extra Apple Intelligence isn’t bypassing, should I wait it out and hope? I’d rather have a sure answer.

Huh? I rebooted my device after trying Misaka, the option for Apple Intelligence comes but gets hidden after a few seconds so I have to quickly tap on it after rebooting it, but none of the options work. I am on iPhone 13.

Try editing the eligibility.plist file as I mentioned in step 2. This helps bypass the waitlist more quickly.

1 Like

My test device is now also stuck on “Siri Not Available” even though Apple Intelligence has been downloaded :man_facepalming:.

As always an excellent summary and procedures with images. Thank you for the effort you make to keep us informed of the news and possible “configurations” depending on the region in which we are!!! :+1:t2: :sunglasses:

@greanish Thank for the information!! :sunglasses: :+1:t2:

why does it make me reinstall “new siri” every time it reboots and takes forever almost always not even downloading it.

This doesn’t always work on the first try. I had to try many times before it finally worked.

Which step are you stuck on?

i technically did everything, the misaka method works but i prefer nugget since it was more reliable for me to get the apple intelligence tab and it also got me to download the new siri, but whenever it reboots it tells me to download the support for apple intelligence even tho i have 2.59 gbs and it was working before, i am on an iPhone 13 beta 4

Well, it seems like everyone is facing the same issue here.
@therealabeeb believes that keeping the device spoofed as an iPhone 15 Pro will allow Apple Intelligence to keep working, but it also breaks Face ID.

1 Like

Update: I had to spoof my phone to an iPhone 16. This is most likely because of my base 15, and the similarities it has to the 16. This is probably why my Face ID still works. Siri is working as intended, and even more interesting is that the reduce interruptions focus works. My Apple Intelligence takes 4.66GB. There was a guide I followed, but I don’t know if I can post it here :frowning:

1 Like

You can post it here or create a new post explaining how you did it, I bet a lot of people will need it.

1 Like

Alright, this guide comes from the Cowabunga Discord Server.

TRY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK IM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU DO SOMETHING WRONG THAT BRICKS YOUR PHONE.

STEP ONE : Reset the gestault File with MisakaX. (this will remove every tweak you have you may need to reinstall them after)

STEP TWO : You should ideally have your original .plist file from before you even started trying to apply this tweak. Apply that .plist file with Nugget. DO NOT SELECT ANY OTHER MODIFICATIONS IN NUGGET. The goal of this step is to reset your gestault. You will notice that Apple Intelligence may still take up storage. This is fine.

STEP THREE : Save and export a new gestault file from your iPhone to your PC. You should know how to do this. Also make sure to duplicate it and save the other one somewhere if you need to revert.

STEP FOUR : Make the modifications to the gestault file you want to edit. Open the .plist file with any text editor, such as notepad, and use CTRL+F to find "h9jDsbgj7xIVeIQ8S3/X3Q ". You should find the phone model underneath that line. For example, ‘iPhone 15,4’.

Replace it with iPhone17,3 so the line should look something like this: iPhone17,3. This is spoofing your device to an iPhone 16.

Great Job! , you just finished the first step which temporarily spoofs your device so apple thinks its a supported device!

DO THIS IF YOU HAVEN’T YET!! Now, right after this line:

<key>CacheExtra</key>
  <dict>

add this:

<key>A62OafQ85EJAiiqKn4agtg</key>
  <integer>1</integer>

STEP FIVE : Open Nugget, and go to feature flags. Turn on Apple Intelligence. Do NOT click the other option that may be in the Nugget app that says ‘(for unsupported devices)’. The option we’re looking for should be under feature flags.

Now, attach your edited .plist file, and apply the tweaks. Your phone will reboot. After this, open MisakaX, and attach the same .plist file, and click Apple Intelligence Extra. Now, Apple intelligence should already be installed from before, and all that might happen is it will download some other things and probably communicate with the servers that you’re trying to get access to Apple Intelligence. This is fine. You might have to wait 20 minutes.

With my experience, I got a notification in the settings app at the top saying that I am “Ready for Apple Intelligence”. You press that, and a splash screen will show up. Press continue. Then, all should work! If Face ID is broken, I can’t help, since I haven’t gone through that problem. I don’t think Apple Intelligence works unspoofed anymore.

2 Likes

guys this actually works, i was confused that the siri isn’t intelligent and was about to complain but it does say new siri ui so thanks.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing. I’ve updated it at #1 so everyone can see.

2 Likes

Hello Beta Profiles,

I’ve already followed all the steps you published to install New Siri 2.0 and it’s not working.

I have an iPhone 14 Pro Max and I’m using iOS 18.1 beta 4.

I downloaded the file “com.apple.MobileGestalt.plist”, modified it and with the Nugget app I typed it again on the phone. And with these steps, Apple Intelligance & Siri does not appear to proceed to the next steps.

What else can I do?

Thanks for your help.