Bypass region lock to use iPhone Mirroring in EU

EU user here, based in Italy. Weirdly enough idk how but mirroring worked fine on my 14" M2 with the Beta 2 of MacOS and iOS 18… Updated to the Beta 3 last night and now I get the region message…

1 Like

Welcome Cipulot, you already know weird things about computer science!! :wink: :sunglasses:

We have a headache for not being able to use Mirroring in the US, let’s see if they reach an agreement soon, because it seems to me a perfect complement for when you are working and you don’t have to have all the devices within reach, it seems that politicians instead of facilitating our work take away the tools to be more productive. :wink:

Got macOS to not be able to touch the plist file with an immutable flag.

Wish there was a way to access /var also on iOS. I’ve seen an user able to do it, but I’m sure he used something like Cowabunga to trick iOS.

Beware that to do that you need another phone number to verify yourself.

1 Like

We still have to wait for the gentlemen of the EU to stop touching the gonads and the market is free, if you want to expose your privacy it is you who consents, those of us who opt for a closed and safe ecosystem choose the best option. iPhone Mirroring has not been fixed since the EU, let’s see if Tim can do it in the end. And I add to the comment @betaprofiles better not “mess around” that then things don’t work and we don’t know why!!! Cheer up Frjttr. :+1:t2: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I really appreciate the gentlemen of the EU doing what they are doing for us. Thing is that Apple got accustomed to this kind of counter-behaviour because they don’t like some laws. I wonder why they bend very easily in China and Russia to their laws, and no real effort for the EU customers.
Situation is simple: no Apple Intelligence? No new iPhone for me for the first year. And those features have nothing to do with DMA (Copilot exists, Galaxy AI exists, Gemini exists already in the EU).
Anyhow, people in US should be thankful for this, as they’ve also allowed emulators on App Store for the same reason of EU asking to open up.

As of, beta 4 and i think even beta 3

It is not possible anymore to bypass. On beta 2 i did get to work with switching my apple account to the US and the file edit.

But now after updating to 4 i tried this again with no success.

I’m hoping to find a new solution to this.

1 Like

@SneakGaming The problem is either you create a new account indicating the US region or the account you have as a developer you have without a balance, otherwise it won’t let you change stores.

I’m using my developer account,
I did find indeed i can’t change the country anymore because my credit card and or paypal are both in The Netherlands so now i won’t let me change my country, it decline now the payment card, and for paypal it wont let me change it aswell.

I did not try with a new account, just for the reason i want to keep using my own account.

1 Like

The same thing happens to me, we’ll have to wait for them to reach an agreement. Greetings, friend.

Yeah i think so, sometimes i hate the people who are complaining about their privacy to much.
I mean some people think they are so important that actual people are tracking them or reading stuff they do.

In my opion if you value your privacy so much stay way from the internet, stay away from social media. Yet the people that complain the most are filling in there personal information on the internet on a server which can be viewed publicly and then complain.

1 Like

Completely agree brother, those who complain about their privacy, then have life hanging on the networks from the moment they get up until they sleep and in the meantime, too!! :smile: :smile: :sunglasses:

i am reviving this whole thing. And did someone figure it out

1 Like

what did you figure it out?

1 Like

I figured it out. Since you have a Mac, Open apple Music. Click on the Account tab in the menubar. Next click account settings and there it is gonna load a bit then enter ur Apple ID and there will be the region settings. Click on: Change country or region then select US and then accept the terms and conditions then when the Add a card page comes up select: None and continue. Now you have got access to iPhone Mirroring without needing an US card.

1 Like

i have an apple music subscription, so unfortunately it’s not possible =(

1 Like

can u help me to fix it, because i fixed the eligibility file but when i reboot it rewrites, thats nog the big proplem the bigger probllem is that i cant connect it with my iphone, it says cant connect in ur region or country

1 Like

@rd61884888 If you are within the EU, it has no solution until Apple enables it, for Mac, configuring the English language US and the US region, the AI is activated, but the iPhone has no solution at least that happens to me that I am within the EU. I hope you succeed. :+1:t2: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

UPDATE: Its very easy to get it to work! Just set your AppStore region to a non EU country, i used canada as you dont need a payment method for that region. Hope this helps

2 Likes