Bypass region lock to use iPhone Mirroring in EU

Completely agree!! :+1:t2:

I think we will have to wait for it to be implemented in the EU, in the meantime, the rest of the users will make us very jealous, but I am convinced that it will also come to us, Apple cannot leave us behind!!!

I’m sure, friend!! :+1:t2:

Works like a charm but the feauter itself does not work. I cannot change my region, because i dont have a credit card that is issued from the US. Please help

Changing your region in the App Store is an important step to get this feature to work on your iPhone. You can create a US App Store account to sign in.

1 Like

I dont want to do that. Is there an alternative method?

Not yet. If someone finds another way, they will share it here.

Well, some has actually done it but won’t share how: https://x.com/void16_/status/1805626301492973955

2 Likes

Welcome whatthelanni, apart from doing “magic” on the Mac, if you have a balance in the account it won’t let you change stores, you must spend everything to change stores :man_facepalming:t3::smile::smile::+1:t2:

1 Like

This is true. I have subscriptions (iCloud Drive and a couple of apps) and I don’t want to break them.

I managed to test the feature using the plist method on Mac and logging in with a non European Apple ID on iPhone → Media and Puschases but it only worked once.

It’s a bummer that Apple won’t be shipping the new cool features in Europe. Unless we find a way to bypass this restriction it doesn’t make sense to update or buy a new iPhone that supports AI

2 Likes

I think they have several reasons for not sharing this yet. It could be that their method requires many steps that people might find difficult to follow, or they fear that Apple will fix it in future macOS Sequoia beta updates.

2 Likes

I cannot find the path or the file, when I go through the Terminal App, I get the same resaults.

It seems like you don’t need to edit the code anymore; just sign in to a non-EU Apple account (like the US) in the App Store on both your iPhone and Mac, and this feature will be usable.

1 Like

I can’t create a new account because I have to much information on this one, and I’m not a US citizen and don’t know anyone there so I can’t change my region on my Apple ID, what do you recommend I do?

Changing the App Store account is important to be able to use iPhone Mirroring in the EU. Note that you can create an Apple account with fake US information, then just log in to the App Store on iPhone and Mac, you don’t need to log out of your main Apple account, Apple allows you to use one account for iCloud and a separate one for the App Store. What will be affected here is if you have subscriptions like Apple Music,… then you won’t be able to use them.

Currently, there is still no way to bypass the region lock if you don’t use an Apple account outside the EU. If this feature is not important to you, I think you should continue to wait while Apple works with the EU.

1 Like

Oh ok! Thank you! I’ll wait :+1:

1 Like

Apart from changing the region other than the EU, which at the moment is the only solution there is, you also have to have the account without a balance, since it will not let you change the region if you have a balance associated with your ID. Another option is Create a new ID with another region that is not in the US and that Apple has implemented in the country of your choice. There are not many options available, so if you don’t want to do any of that, you will have to wait like me, until an agreement is reached and implemented. Cheer up friend!! :+1:t2: :sunglasses:

1 Like

From what I have read, I think the most sensible position is to wait for them to reach an agreement and enable it for the US, “messing” within the files without having much experience and the links they have, by modifying some parameter what we can get is a very beautiful and expensive paperweight. Well, that’s my opinion. :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I agree, this method is only for risk-takers who really want to experience iPhone Mirroring in EU. But these things won’t turn your Mac into an expensive paperweight; you can reinstall macOS or revert the edited file back to its original state.

1 Like

Of course they won’t turn it into an expensive paperweight (it was a metaphor, besides the irony works quite little through text, :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ), but the nuisance that is to make a clean installation and reinstall everything we had or, drag a backup with everything we have and have removed. Well, I keep saying that from my point of view the advisable thing is not to do it on the main device, on a secondary device it would be ideal, creating a new id in a region, what I am not very clear about is that if Apple has the information of the country from where it is well through GPS or operator signal. :sunglasses:

1 Like