What's New in iOS 27 RC

Alongside all the new hardware announcements, Apple today released iOS 27 RC (Release Candidate) to developers, with the official public release scheduled for Monday, September 14. This update brings a few Camera app changes and a fun easter egg.


iOS 27 RC
Build: 24A435
Released: September 9, 2026


Dogcow Easter Egg

If you scroll to the bottom of the preview section in Liquid Glass settings and keep scrolling, you’ll see a Dogcow appear, along with the word “Moof!” in the search field.

FYI: Dogcow is a well-known graphic mascot created by Apple in the 1980s to demonstrate page layout. Its signature sound is “Moof!”, a combination of a cow’s moo and a dog’s bark.

Customizable Camera Controls

iOS 27 RC adds the ability to customize the camera controls that appear along the top edge of the viewfinder in the Camera app.

To customize them, tap the shooting mode name to open the controls tray, then tap the “Edit” button in the top-left corner. Select the camera controls you want to appear, and you can also press and hold a control and drag it to change its position.

Styles Menu in the Camera App

The Styles menu has been redesigned. You can now swipe through style filters in the tray at the bottom of the screen, making it possible to see more filters at once. Previously, you had to swipe through the viewfinder to browse the available filters.

There’s also a Customize button that lets you adjust the filter effects.

https://x.com/BetaProfiles/status/2098433542116221354

Remote App

X user @itspdfu discovered code in iOS 27 RC pointing to two hidden features in the TV Remote app: an App Launcher for opening apps on your Apple TV and Top Shelf content (accessible by swiping down from the top edge) from a selected app on your Apple TV, with Continue Watching as a fallback option.

Note that these features are hidden in iOS 27 RC, but they could be enabled in the official release or a future software update.

https://x.com/itspdfu/status/2097817121321308547

Status Bar

The status bar icons and clock look a bit bigger than in previous betas.

https://x.com/BetaProfiles/status/2098023583650136147


If you spot any changes you believe are new in iOS 27 RC, feel free to share them in the comments below :backhand_index_pointing_down:

I’ll keep adding more iOS 27 RC changes and new features here as I discover them. Stay tuned and follow @BetaProfiles on X or Threads!

google-preferred-source-badge-dark

5 Likes

The new status bar looks a little weird, because the battery isn’t perfectly aligned anymore…

2 Likes

В iOS 27 RC Теперь нету даты установки обновления, функции, которая добавлялась в iOS 27 beta 5. Возможно это было ошибкой.

1 Like

I think the battery icon looks slightly shifted upward.

1 Like

It might just be a bug.

1 Like

Yeah.. I submitted an issue in the Feedback Assistant App, so hopefully they fix it soon.

…

The Apple Developer site officially says:

Submit feedback for every issue. Even if you think an issue is obvious and are sure others have reported it, you should still submit feedback. The more feedback we receive about an issue, the better we understand how many people are impacted by it.

1 Like

It does show up visible to me. :thinking:

1 Like

Apple also redesigned the “Get Started with Apple Pay” screen in Wallet. But can’t tell in which beta they changed it.

1 Like

The redesigned Screen Time menu finally shows up for me

2 Likes

When did it come out for you? I still have the old one?

1 Like

It showed up for the first time yesterday. Seems like a server side update

2 Likes

New Splash screen in Fitness

3 Likes

Personal voice is now also available in Spanish (Mexico):

I think this is since Beta 1, but I’m not sure..

2 Likes

This is new too in iOS 27:

What do you mean by “new”? The screenshot below is from iOS 26.6.2, and it looks pretty much the same to me :thinking:

1 Like

Oh. I thought the message was new, because I’ve never seen it. On my iPhone 12 Pro it didn’t show the note. Only the information if I klick the (?).
Sorry about that.

1 Like

Could it be that they have expanded the limited charging function to more older devices?

1 Like

I don’t think so.

2 Likes

Could be. But not with the iOS 27 Update.

My dad’s MacBook Pro M1 got the charging limit too with a random update. Found it randomly and didn’t know it was there.
To the time, we bought the MacBook it didn’t support the Charging Limit.

But I also don’t think, Apple will expand this to every device..

1 Like