The evolution of Control Center on iOS up until now

Control Center on iOS will turn 10 this year. First introduced in iOS 7 (2013), Control Center has become an essential feature for iOS since then, providing a place for you to quickly access functional buttons such as turning on/off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, AirDrop, DND mode, screen brightness, media controls, and more.

Control Center has undergone significant interface changes since its introduction, but it still serves its main purpose. I remember the years when we used to get a new Control Center interface through annual iOS updates (from iOS 7 to iOS 11), but in recent years, Apple has made almost no notable changes to Control Center. From iOS 11 to now, they are almost identical.

Recently, there have been rumors (from MacRumors) that iOS 17 will have “major” changes to the Control Center on the iPhone. Personally, I wonder how Apple will change it because basically, the current Control Center on iOS 16 is doing the best it can, it’s easy to operate and arranged reasonably, I think that’s why they stopped making changes since iOS 11.

Apple is expected to announce iOS 17 at the WWDC 2023 keynote on June 5th and as usual, the first beta version will be provided to developers for testing at the end of that day.

Can’t wait to see what changes will be made, what about you?

2 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face:I can’t wait for iOS 17 can Apple send beta version of update before wwdc23

It would be great if Apple decided to make CC accessible from the bottom edge of the screen like iOS 10. I use an iPhone 14 Plus and accessing CC with one hand is difficult.

1 Like

Unless you have an Apple Developer account, if you don’t, you will have to wait until July for the Public beta :confused:

1 Like

I have Apple developer account because iOS 16.5 beta one was received before beta public and then after 2 days they was receiving same update :slightly_smiling_face:

Here is picture